Roast Beetroot, Broadbean and Herb Salad
This is an easy salad ideal for a BBQ. I love fresh beetroot and broadbeans when they are in season.
- 4 large or 5 medium beetroots
- Broadbeans (from approximately 10 pods)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbls of finely chopped parsley
- 1tbls of finely chopped basil
- 1 tbls of finely chopped mint
- Wash and trim the beets and place in a deep casserole or roasting tray, covered with foil. Roast the beets in an oven at 220C for 1hr 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Once cool remove skin and cut the beets into 1-2 cm pieces.
- Blanch beans in boiling water for 3 minutes then run under cold water. Remove skins and mix in a bowl with the beetroot pieces.
- Add all other ingredients, mix well and transfer to serving bowl.